2022 Chronic Care Management (CCM) Codes CPT Codes
Practices that use Phamily can generate over $300 per patient in extra profit yearly.
Chronic Care Management (CCM) is a new Medicare program that offers significant monthly reimbursement for the time providers and their staff spend helping patients between office visits.
Chronic Care Management (CCM) reimburses an additional $64-$177+ per patient per month for the support you and your staff regularly provide patients between visits.
Get reimbursed for:
Activities you already perform everyday
Chronic Care Management Billing Codes Summary
CMS continues to increase the number of Chronic Care Management codes providers can bill for. Starting with just one code in 2015, CPT 99490, the Physician Fee-Schedule now includes 7 codes accounting for various levels of complexity and time.
HCPCS G0506 - Comprehensive Assessment & Care Planning $64
- Patient enrolled in person Systematic assessment & care planning personally performed by the billing provider
- Add-on code to the standard E&M code (99212-99215), AWV or IPPE initiating visit
CPT 99490 - Standard CCM $64
- 20+ minutes of care management outside of office visits performed by clinical staff
- Care plan established and regularly reviewed
CPT 99439 - Non-complex Add-on $48.45 x 2
- Additional 20 minutes of “non-complex” CCM
- Reportable up to 2x per month (after 99490)
CPT 99487 - Complex CCM $93
- 60+ minutes of care management outside office visits
- Care plan created and/or significantly revised
CPT 99489 - Complex Add-on $45
- Billed incrementally for each additional 30 minutes spent beyond the first 60 minutes for Complex CCM case
CPT 99491 - Physician-provided CCM $82
- 30+ minutes of care management outside of office visits
- Provided personally by a physician or other qualified healthcare professional
CPT 99437 - Physician-provided CCM Add-on $61
- Additional 20 minutes of care management outside of office visits
- Provided personally by physician or other qualified healthcare professional